[thelist] FUN: How widely used is each web technology?

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 23:52:36 CDT 2005

Stuart,

Very interesting results. See below.

On 6/14/05, Stuart Young <syoung at unitec.ac.nz> wrote:
> Well here you go, here's most of the web languages here... some surprises for me were the low placing of ColdFusion and VBScript ...

Well, if you think about it, no one really talks about VBScript except
in the context of "Classic" ASP, as VBScript has little business being
on the client-side, except in rare occasions. I know that I have used
the term "ASP" to mean "server-side VBScript" a million times, which
is quite incorrect (ASP can be written in JScript, PerlScript, and any
other language with the appropriate hooks). So, that might explain the
latter oddity. I bet most of those hits for "ASP" are really talking
about server-side VBScript.

--
Matt Warden
Miami University