[thelist] FUN: How widely used is each web technology?

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Tue Jun 14 05:30:48 CDT 2005

: From: thelist-bounces-ken=adopenstatic.com at lists.evolt.org
: [mailto:thelist-bounces-ken=adopenstatic.com at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of
: Jeff Howden
: Subject: RE: [thelist] FUN: How widely used is each web technology?
: Searching for cfm (the file extension most used by ColdFusion developers),
: we get 146,000,000 hits.

D'oh - my bad :-)

: Honestly though, I agree that this is a completely bogus
: method for determining popularity of web technologies.

Well, I wouldn't say it's completely without merit. For example: If PHP
returns 1 billion hits, and CFM returns 100 million and ASPX returns 100,000,
then I think we can say something about the popularity of PHP -vs- ASP.NET

However comparing the search terms HTML, PHP, ASPX and CFM to VBScript and
Cold Fusion is pointless.

IIS Blog: www.adOpenStatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/