[thelist] SProcs - SELECT queries

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Thu Jun 23 14:47:49 CDT 2005

Matt Warden wrote:
> Brian,
>
> On 6/23/05, Brian Cummiskey <Brian at hondaswap.com> wrote:
>
>>yup.  SP's are more efficient most of the time, and are way more secure
>>as well.
>

> Is he going to see the performance gains if his query is conditional like that?

Probably not-  It's not a very intesive process anyway.  Unless the
table has 20,000 rows or more, i don't see the gain or loss in either
method.

The SQL will process all the variables first, and create the
@querystring query BEFORE it ever selects anything.

the ASP would generate the same sql string to the server.

I guess the keyword here is "most of the time"  :p