[thelist] When an Acronym is not an Acronym

Chris Hayes chris at lwcdial.net
Wed Jun 29 13:10:17 CDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Maximillian Schwanekamp" <lists at neptunewebworks.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 6:39 PM
Subject: Re: [thelist] When an Acronym is not an Acronym

> Chris Hayes wrote:
> > Some content acronyms don't actually stand for anything, but need to be
> > spelt out.
>
> Got an example?  That's sorta contradictory...  Some abbreviations are
> not acronyms, though.

Well not to confuse myself anymore with acronyms and abbreviations

My client's company name had an abbreviated variant.  They have since
dropped the original name and are now known as the abbreviation, which
spells out a word (of sorts) but it cannot "stand" for anything any longer.
They also cannot use full stops (periods) when it is visually represented.

I'm sure they did all this to confound me, but they don't know I got Evolt
on my side:)