[thelist] Good "tests" for prospective employees?

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Thu Jun 30 12:28:08 CDT 2005

>>>Has anyone had potential low-end developers (html/css/light db and
>>>scripting) complete any kind of qualifying "test" as part of the hiring
>>>process?

If I were on the hiring side, i would surely make them do a sample in
front of you or in a room in notepad.

Whip up a basic site/home page for some topic or company.

then print it out (make sure the url isn't shown :p )

hand them the print out, and ask them to code what they see to make it
match as best as they can.

That way, you can tell off the bat what they do-
do they go right for the table?  do they use a real doctype?  or do they
just hustle through it with basic tags?