[thelist] Good "tests" for prospective employees?

Jan Brasna discuss at alphanumeric.cz
Thu Jun 30 12:56:48 CDT 2005

> Do you have any conceptual issue examples?

Let's say you have to use an image replacement technique on a
navigation. What problems will you face (and why, and also why is it
important to have them solved well)? (disabled images, accessibility,
scalability)

Or imagine a layout, that consist of some heavy imagery and you need to
retain the scalability, flexibility and stability while resizing the
content.

Um, let's say you need a custom typography on headings etc. due to a
corporate identity / logo manual.

Ask something about the mobile support.

Etc. ... Just make up some issues that prove not only the mechanical /
technical skill, but also the ones that reveal the relations to
usability, accessibility, further scalabilty and present stability of
layout and show the overall knowledge of these in global (and the
efficent use of it).

> My issue is that this will be a one-man (or woman) production team.
> They will have to lead themselves...

So it's even more important to have a self-administering person that
will be capable of the whole layout drafting and solving the problems.

--
Jan Brasna aka JohnyB :: www.alphanumeric.cz | www.janbrasna.com