[thelist] Good "tests" for prospective employees?

Scott Dexter dexilalolai at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 13:47:43 CDT 2005

When I interview(ed), I look for problem solving skills, and a little
bit of a curious-kitten spark that tells me that if they don't know
what the ItemDataBound event does (for example), that they'll figure
it out on their own --and maybe tell me something I don't know about
it or apply it in a new way. I'd rather hire someone broader than
deeper. I've found that makes for a better team member, and less a
'programmer.'

IMHO, the below is NOT a very good metric. For example, I only got
one of the questions (the first one, I'd add a "/" above the "I". But
even  that's probably too right-brained). I think I'm pretty
qualified to write code, and I'd fail your test miserably. Shrug.

sgd