[thelist] IE / Excel / VB.Net / Word

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Fri Jul 1 08:33:35 CDT 2005

Brian Cummiskey noted:

>>Speaking freely, kindly tell him to not waste his time.  At best,
>>offer it as a free template.  I wouldn't be suprised if not 1
>>person bought an "application" of this nature.

Hi Brian,

I agree with you 100% ... as far as outright 'application sales'
goes.

However, I think his buddy should point out to him that he may
have an opportunity promoting and making money off his 'solution'
if he approaches it, instead, from a consulting perspective.

There actually are a number of folks out there making pretty
good coin building these kinds of things on a consulting and/or
contract basis.

RonL.

(Maybe I'm just not good at it, but in my experience these VB macro
thingies are flaky as all get out ... they run fine on the machine
they were built and debugged on ... But move them to another machine
and they can err out like crazy!  I've had to support some things
like this built by other people and it was a major PITA!

On the plus side, however, that instability alone could get him a
bunch of 'return' consulting business!)