[thelist] Recommend quality domain sellers

James Hardy evolt at weeb.biz
Fri Jul 1 12:05:37 CDT 2005

Sales @ Lycosa wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can anyone recommend a domain seller?
>
>I want a single place to buy and manage all my domains simply. Currently
>I use about 5 different companies, but haven't come across one that does
>everything I want.
>
>All I want is a listing of all my domains, expiry dates, easy DNS
>modification and simple registration and renewals without having to type
>in my credit card details everytime.
>
>I only really need .com .net .org .co.uk .org.uk .uk.com
>
>I host my web sites on a dedicated server, but they don't sell domains
>:-( and it is getting really bitty.
>
>Phil Parker

Phil,

I do everything with 123-reg[1] who I have found to be very good. They
are now owned by Pipex so they have some good infrastructure behind
them. They have simple dns for free (ie A records, MX records, CNAME
records) or you can point to an external DNS host. They save card
details (if you want them to) so no retyping. prices are good and you do
get a nice list of all domains, reg dates & expiry dates (you can even
download it as a CSV if you like)

I have had no problems with them and have been using them for years.
Domain's supported are: .name, .co.uk, .org.uk, .me.uk, .com, .net,
.org, .info, .biz, .tv, .cc, .uk.com, .uk.net, .gb.com, .gb.net,
.eu.com, .de.com, .jpn.com, .qc.com, .us.com, .web.com

[1] |http://www.123-reg.co.uk/affiliate.cgi?id=AF71189

(This is quite obviously an affilliate link. If you do sign up it would
be nice if you did it through this cos every penny counts, but feel free
to chop off the path if you would rather go through a clean link, I
would still recommend them regardless.)

James Hardy