[thelist] Secure FTP

Jonathan j at firebright.com
Sun Jul 3 22:13:07 CDT 2005

>You're joking right?
>
>Enabling WebDAV on IIS6 involves:
>a) enabling WebDAV via the IIS Manager
>b) choosing which folders should allow writes (again via IIS Manager)
>c) choosing which users/groups should have the ability to write (via NTFS
>permissions, so use Explorer)

Ah, no.  Wasn't joking.  I don't use Windows for anything meaningful on
the web, so I should have phrased that differently.  Thanks for the tip.

Webdav is an excellent protocol, and if support for it is that easy on
Windows, it may be a preferable option.  I use it with eZ publish every
day (using cadaver), and it's fantastically easy to use.

Jonathan