[thelist] Re: Remote Desktop Client on XP Home?

Jono Young jono at charlestonwebsolutions.com
Mon Jul 4 15:25:28 CDT 2005

On Jul 4, 2005, at 2:41 PM, Maximillian Schwanekamp wrote:

> Yup.  It's a small app too.
>
> All this said, it sounds to me like VNC would be a suboptimal setup
> for
> you Jono - the Dell machine is in the same room as your Mac, right?
> Perhaps you should consider a KVM switch (Keyboard-Video-Mouse).  You
> use one keyboard, monitor and mouse to control multiple machines.  I
> picked up a used Mac G3 for browser testing too, and got a $20 KVM
> switch that works just fine.  In my case, I switch from Win to Mac
> with
> the keyboard (Scroll Lock twice, then arrow key).  The one I bought:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817107250

Yes, the Dell is right here.  Perhaps the KVM switch would be a
better option, given my lack of Windows and VPN experience.  I prefer
to use my Mac keyboard,  would that interfere with the KVM switching
at all?  I'll take a stab at the VNC setup - due to its economical
appeal - and if all else fails, I'll go KVM hunting.

Thanks!