[thelist] Extracting Audio from an EXE

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Wed Jul 6 09:55:47 CDT 2005

[snip]
My company has this old cd/movie in a .exe format. Is there a way to at
least get the audio tracks out of that? The company who did the
recording
about 4-6 years ago no longer exists. One way is to have a professional
speaker come and we rerecord the audio. The only other way I can think
of is
to let it play with a microphone up to the computer speaker and I think
that
we know the answer to that one.
[/snip]

Go 'line out' from your computer to 'line in' on another and record the
audio as a .wav
All you need is a cord with 1/8" stereo jacks on each end, Windows has a
recorder.