[thelist] Re: x-cart vs zen-cart

Maximillian Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Wed Jul 6 13:51:28 CDT 2005

Hershel Robinson wrote:
>>> http://www.cubecart.com/site/home/
>> Thanks Brian. I'll look into that. $69 won't break the bank.
> Neither would USD 185.00 for x-cart's base product. A quick glance at
> the feature list of each of these products indicates that you may well
> get what you pay for.

One thing to look closely at when buying into one of the
all-encompassing ecommerce systems is the template system they're built
around, since as devs that's where our work will mostly be.

X-Cart is built around Smarty, and their [Qualiteam's] other cart system
LiteCommerce is built with Flexy -- two well-documented templating
engines.  Zen Cart looks great generally, but AFAIK it has some kind of
internal templating system that has rather poor documentation[0] beyond
the FAQs.  What's CubeCart's template engine, and how is the
documentation?  (I sent them the question too, but someone here may
already know).

[0] http://www.zen-cart.com/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=3#40
--
Max Schwanekamp http://www.neptunewebworks.com/