[thelist] Online Charitable Donations

David McCreath mccreath at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 17:07:36 CDT 2005

Howdy, all -

I've been asked by a local charity to help them set up a system for
taking financial donations throught their web site. I've never done
this before and my experience with online purchasing/credit card
issues is minimal.

I'm going to be doing this on a volunteer basis so it needs to be as
simple as possible to set up and maintain, so I'm thinking I'll need
to go with a service. I've found the following with a cursory search:

http://clickandpledge.com/
http://merchantseek.com/accept-donations-online.htm

And on a different tip:

http://whatgoesaround.org/

I haven't had an in-depth conversation with the charity about their
ideas yet, but I'd like to have a least a few ducks in rows before I
meet with them officially to start the work.

If anyone has done this kind of thing and can offer advice about
pitfalls, recommendations, etc., I'd be extremely grateful.

thanks
David