[thelist] asp.net: Unicode Encoding problem

Casey Crookston caseyc at thecrookstons.com
Wed Jul 13 21:47:06 CDT 2005

I'm using a simple StreamWriter to over right the contents of a file:

Sub Page_Load(S as Object, E as EventArgs)
 dim myStreamWriter as StreamWriter
 dim onPage as string = Request.QueryString("page")
 myStreamWriter = File.CreateText(MapPath("../pages/content_includes/" &
onPage & ".ascx"), System.Text.Encoding.UnicodeEncoding )
 myStreamWriter.WriteLine(Session("previewText"))
 myStreamWriter.Close
End Sub

I added the ", System.Text.Encoding.UnicodeEncoding " because I was having
trouble with certain greek charectors being altered when the file was
re-written.  But I now get this error:

BC30390: 'System.Text.Encoding.unicodeEncoding' is not accessible in this
context because it is 'Private'.

I will confess that all this unicode endcoding is new to me.  What must I do
to ensure the stability of the content?

Thanks,

Casey