[thelist] Question for Australian MAC users...

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Sat Jul 16 05:27:50 CDT 2005

Edwin Martin wrote:
> Justin Zachan Mgmt wrote:
>
>> We want to purchase some sort of mobile phone type device that can access
>> and send emails (from Pop server), calendar, contacts etc and also
>> sync up
>> with Entourage on the actual MAC.
>>
>> Apparently blackberry does not sync up with MACs.
>>
>> Apparently Palms sync up with MACs but have other issues.
>

> Many smartphones support SyncML, which is compatible with Apple's
> iSync. So you can easily sync your agenda and address book.

Apple recently updated iSync to include support for a lot more
devices[1].  From that list, you can see what devices are supported and
what features are available.

Palm devices *are* supported, but some older devices might require
external programs.

Lucky for me, my phone's compatiblity came up 100% with the recent
upgrade :)

Hope this helps,
Burhan

1. http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/isync/devices.html