[thelist] Ruby on Rails - any developers out there? Question...

dwain at alforddesigngroup.com dwain at alforddesigngroup.com
Mon Jul 18 17:19:18 CDT 2005

Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
> Hey listers,
>
> Anyone had a chance to do any real-word development (other than blogs mind you) with ruby on
> rails? I have a client coming on board that I'm thinking might be the place to jump in on this.
> He's going to want a news/events section that is updated as well as some client login areas -
> nothing too super complicated but more involved than a basic blog.
>
> Hosting shouldn't be an issue as I believe he will be doing the hosting on his own box so we can
> install whatever we want.
>
> I've watched a couple of the ruby on rails videos and they are pretty mindblowing. But he is only
> making a basic blog. I'm wondering how tough it is to learn it and get running with it.
>
> Also, it looks in the vids like he is using some kind of editor that recognizes shortcuts for the
> rails (?) commands... I wonder what that is, and if there is a windows counterpart.

http://lesscode.org/

maybe this will help. several good articles (and follow the links;
especially "it has everything to do with this").

dwain

--
Dwain Alford
dwain at alforddesigngroup.com
http://www.alforddesigngroup.com

"The artist may use any form which his expression demands;
for his inner impulse must find suitable expression."
Wassily Kandinsky, "Concerning The Spiritual In Art"