[thelist] ASP support going away?

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Wed Jul 20 07:15:39 CDT 2005

Ken Schaefer, as usual ;-), provided a very well-reasoned answer:

>>Support depends on what version of ASP we're talking about.
>>ASP v1.0 and v2.0 are no longer supported, because Windows NT
>>is no longer supported.

>>Support depends on what phase of the support cycle the product is in.

>>There are no plans for ASP v4.0. v3 will be the last version of ASP.
>>However it will be available on Windows Longhorn Server (to be
>>delivered in 2006), so ASP will be around for quite some time.

Ah!  Thanks Ken,

That's precisely the clarification I was looking for.

I grok.

Thanks,

RonL.

(Hi Shawn - FWIW, I like PHP a lot, probably even better than
I like ASP or CF.  [Perl, however, totally rocks!]  Unfortunately,
the choice of what toolset I get to use isn't up to me. I think
I'm going to have to find a way to live with Business Objects
[report writer / data browser out of France], Executive Viewer
[rather basic datacube browser], and [if I'm lucky] maybe a
little bit of .net.  My users, my IT buds, and myself are all
in for a bit of an 'adjustment'!)