[thelist] Help a Table Hacker do it right in CSS

Jake Aust jacobaust at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 12:44:43 CDT 2005

Hi there....

I'm trying to get a 2-column layout right with CSS positioning. The
tricky part is that due to rounded corners and such, I am trying to set
minimum heights for the columns. What's the best way to do this?

Currently I have an absolute height set on the divs, which works in
IE/WinXP. It uses the absolute pixel height as a minimum, but when the
content grows longer, the container div expands as necessary.

However, I understand that this is not the web standard for this
behavior. In FireFox, the height is used, no matter how long the content
is, which means that the content breaks out of the container when it is
too long.

Any suggestions?
For reference, the current coded version is here:
http://www.giantleapsot.com/sub.htm (short content)
http://www.giantleapsot.com/sub_long.htm (long content)