[thelist] Help a Table Hacker do it right in CSS

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 13:29:31 CDT 2005

> However, I understand that this is not the web standard for this
> behavior. In FireFox, the height is used, no matter how long the content
> is, which means that the content breaks out of the container when it is
> too long.

I bit time strapped, so I don't have time to view your code but what you want to do is have the
container background be the 'box' you are using. You'd apply a background image that essentially
is a slice of the middle of the box and repeat it vertically. Then put the footer, or a box on the
bottom of the container with an image of the bottom of the 'box' as the background. This probably
won't hold any content so keep it as short vertically as you can. You may have to clear that box
if you are using floats.

Probably not as detailed as you want but HTH. FYI There is no reliable min-width/height property
we can use yet, unfortunately. If you take a look at my personal site code www.pixelmech.com, you
can get somewhat an idea - the 'body' of the monster is the container, then the footer below
closes it off.

Tom

http://www.pixelmech.com/

Melissa: Ace, Where are you?
Ace Ventura: I'm in Psychoville and Finkle's the Mayor.