[thelist] show multiple pdf's or other docs

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Wed Jul 20 15:59:18 CDT 2005

> We have reports that consists of 10-20 separate pdf files. The new
> direction is to make these reports(pdf's) accessible on our intranet.
>
> Does anybody have a best practice as to how to handle this?
> Do you just create a new web page and add links and brief
> text to each file?

That's how I've done it many times. I try to include the file size for
external sites, but it's nice even on an intranet. You can even script a
dynamic page so you don't have to maintain it; just drop new files in
the directory and they appear on the page automagically!

joel