[thelist] wireless router and a vpn?

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Fri Jul 22 06:13:38 CDT 2005

Your client machines should have VPN clients built in.

At the other end (e.g. your office) you need a VPN server (or endpoint). All
you need to do is buy a wireless router/access point that supports acting as
a VPN server. All the major vendors have such products.

Alternatively, just buy a router that's a VPN server -and- attach a separate
wireless access point. The router will do the routing, the wireless access
point just rebroadcasts stuff wirelessly.

Cheers
Ken

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-
: bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Justin Zachan Mgmt
: Sent: Friday, 22 July 2005 4:03 PM
: To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
: Subject: [thelist] wireless router and a vpn?
:
: Hey there. Doing lots of research and I am confused.
:
: I would like to be able to connect to the office server from home using a
: VPN.
:
: I want to setup a wireless network at home and the office, since we have a
: couple of laptops now (1 mac and 1 pc). Currently just a non-wireless
: network at the office.
:
: So trying to figure out what is required for a VPN is the hard part.I can
: figure out the wireless network part OK.
:
: If anyone can recommend where to start (or even a solution) for a VPN
: (using
: wireless) that would be fantastic.