[thelist] Setting permissions so localhost can be used by Firefox

Michele Foster foster.michele at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:13:36 CDT 2005

On 22/07/05, Todd Richards <todd at promisingsites.com> wrote:

> Michele -
>
> I apologize, as I'm a little confused on what is going on here. However,
> have you checked the security settings in IIS to make sure that anonymous
> access is allowed?
>
> Todd

I'm not 100% sure where to check this .. as I've compared my settings on
Win2K and my WinXp machine and the settings appear to me to be the same.
It's the new WinXP Pro machine that is not working.

I go to IIS, displayed is one entry my Computer's name (local computer)
Then I go to Web Sites or Default Web Site (I've tried both)
Right click, Properties
Directory Security
Anonymous access and authentical control, Choose Edit
on that screen "Authentication Methods"
Selected is Anonymous access (at the very top) and the last option
Integrated Windows Authentication
Under Anonymous access it says, Account used for anonymous access: and the
values are IUSR_MyComputerName with a Password that I have no idea what it
is, and the check box "Allow IIS to control password" selected.
I tried to delete this user name, but it won't let me (gives me an error and
says enter at least one character)

I don't know if I'm close or not .. this is rather frustrating.

Yes, I have googled, but I no longer have any clue what I'm even looking
for.

Thanks everyone for your help

Mich