[thelist] Re: Dreamweaver site (template?)

Maximillian Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Sat Jul 23 13:14:13 CDT 2005

VanBuskirk, Patricia wrote:
> ...I have noticed when working with templates in
> DW (as well as Server-Side Includes) that you need to use absolute links
> instead of relative links.

That is not true.  DWMX and even DW 4 / UltraDev handle relative links
in templates just fine.  When you first create template instance it will
appear that the link paths are incorrect, but only until you save the
file to its actual location, then DW updates the document to reflect the
file's location relative to the document root.

--
Max Schwanekamp
http://www.neptunewebworks.com/