[thelist] Persistent Cookie Script

Rachell Coe rachell at kingestatewinery.com
Wed Jul 27 15:38:52 CDT 2005

Hi All!

I use WebTrends to track site visits and would like to make it more
effective by using a persistent cookie to track returning visitors.
WebTrends comes with a way to do this called 'Smart Source Data', but I'm
unable to use it.  So my only other option is to set up a persistent cookie
using javascript (which I don't know how to do).

Ideally, I want to put the javascript cookie code on each page of my
website, and have the log data be saved to a folder I specify.  I will then
have WebTrends 'Include' this data when running reports. Is this something
simple to do?  Do any of you know of existing cookie scripts that can do
what I want?

TIA!!!!

Rachell Coe
Webmaster