[thelist] dedicated server hosting

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Thu Jul 28 08:21:15 CDT 2005

David Kaufman wrote:

> b) is called colocating a server (or collocating it, depending on who is
> doing the speling).  You pick the machine, you buy it, you walk in with
> it (or ship it to them), and all they do is provide rackspace, an
> ethernet drop and power.

And if you do go with option B, may i suggest Siwtch and Data.  I worked
with them on their call center a couple years back, and the company is
really great with nice people, and their NOC's/TECH's are VERY
intelligent. Plus, they have meet-me rooms at most of their locations,
so you can easily tap into several providers of your choice right in the
same building.

  http://www.switchanddata.com