[thelist] Label Problem

ben morrison morrison.ben at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 09:10:40 CDT 2005

> In IE6, clicking on an image does nothing, but clicking on a checkbox
> DOES show a small border around the image, indicating that it is
> recognized by the browser as the <label>.
>
> But how do I fix it so that you can click on the label in IE6 Win?

You could try using CSS (untested), supply each label a class and use
a background image.

.junior {
background:#fff url(images/2-logo-junior-small.gif) 0 0 no-repeat;
height:30px;
width:100px;
}

using your image dimensions for height/width.

although you will still have to supply some text for the label. You
could use a offleft technique to hide the text.

.offleft {
position:absolute;
left:-999em;
top:-10em;
}

<label for="mag2" class="junior"><em class="offleft">Mispahca
Junior</em></strong>

there are javascript solutions to this problem as well:

http://www.snook.ca/archives/000348.php

ben