[thelist] What is Reflector? [Was: sort expression]

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Wed Aug 10 14:10:24 CDT 2005

> Kind of like Java. I should've expected that.

   I was under the impression that Java compiles 100% and then runs on whatever VM is installed.

> So, is there a way to code an application in .net, distribute the
> executable, and still sleep easy at night?

   Sure, you can run your assemblies through an obfuscator.  Anyone who's REALLY determined can still figure things out, but if you use a decent one you can be pretty sure people won't just be browsing and copying your code (you can download the EasyListBox trial version to see the kind of obfuscated output you get in Reflector).