[thelist] SQL not performing all inserts

Robert Vreeland vreeland at studioframework.com
Sat Aug 13 11:57:22 CDT 2005

 As I am not an expert at MS SQL server, it could be some constraint I'm not
aware of, which is what I hope someone can point me too, but there are no
foreign keys in the schema - (not my design, just have to work with it). The
application has always been able to use MS SQL and currently does with most
of out clients, including our in-house version; which we upgraded using the
updater I wrote. Actually, we are moving everyone to MS SQL for the
performance gain. I think the earlier suggestion of re-installing MDAC has
merit. We have tested the updater locally with copies of the clients
databases and it worked fine, including the application, so it does appear
to be something on the clients machine. To clarify the lost data, the
updater is able to import the first few rows, then fails, no errors, just
fails. The application outputs success / failure to a message window along
with any errors.
Is it possible the SQL server is suppressing the errors? Where would I look
for that?
At this point I think it is either a bad sql installation, or the updater is
unable to read in all the rows from the access db (I'll test for this on
Monday).