[thelist] CMS - Non-Blog-Like XHTML CSS?

Mark Groen markgroen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 23:06:56 CDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kris Khaira" <
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 7:57 PM
Subject: Re: [thelist] CMS - Non-Blog-Like XHTML CSS?

> You're looking for Textpattern - http://www.textpattern.com
>
> You can use it to edit content, layout and styles. And it has multiple
> privilege levels.
>

> On Aug 19, 2005, at 5:28 AM, Jeff Oien wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for a simple, free CMS that isn't blog style-something
> > for "regular" web sites where the client can update content but I
can
> > easily modify templates and add features. I'd like it to be
> > XHTML 1.0 compliant and not use tables for layout. Any suggestions?

My latest fave is websitebaker.com, imho one of the easiest admin
interfaces for the end user/client, easy-peasy templating, privilege
levels, news blocks, can be made to match almost any existing web site.
Fairly easy to get valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional code using a slightly
customized wysiwyg FCKeditor:
http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A//www.bowenisland.org/

Just last week I moved the site above from a TP back-end to WB, it's
about the fifth install I've done of this appy, the clients love it. I
*am* a Textpattern fan still, but the Baker is a nice middle ground
between complexity for the end user and flexibility for the developer,
imho of course :-)

cheers,

        Mark