[thelist] CF: UDF in Application.cfm not accessible?

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Fri Aug 19 12:26:43 CDT 2005

At 08:57 PM 2005-08-18, you wrote:
><cfdirectory action="LIST" name="formList"
>directory="drive-letter:\path-to-site\app_functions\"
> > <cfsilent> <cfoutput query="formList">
>  <cfif Find('.cfm',formList.name)>
>    <cfinclude template="../_www_apps/app_functions/#formList.name#">
>  </cfif>
></cfoutput>
></cfsilent>

Two things. It's an interesting approach. I would also tend to cache the
query, and check to see if it's been run before listing the directory again
(slow).

The issue I'm having, however is that if I include a udf in my
application.cfm file, I can't seem to access it from inlcuded documents.
I'll often include two levels deep, and what I'm wondering is how to make
them accessible regardless of where I call them from, without having to
include the UDF each time I want to use it.

Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the signal high.