[thelist] Link to my site I can't fathom

Dominick Cancilla dominick.cancilla at buckconsultants.com
Mon Aug 22 13:08:56 CDT 2005

On 8/22/05 9:33 AM, "Anthony Ettinger" <apwebdesign at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've noticed the same thing. A thread in my forums
> title "sponge bob hemp pants" is my #1 ranking Google
> search phrase. Hard to imagine.
>
> My guess was somebody automated a script that pounded
> the site with that google referrer, why? I have no
> idea.

I doubt that automatic clicks are at fault in my case. My logs show that the
hits are coming from thousands of unique individuals, and to my knowledge
you can't do this with a script (unless you're a spammer using zombie
machines or something). Also, visitor click paths are consistent with real
human behavior.

I certainly welcome any corrections to these thoughts, however!

--Dominick

If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator.(16b)