[thelist] case statement catch-all? MSSQL

Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Wed Aug 24 08:23:03 CDT 2005

Matt Warden wrote:

>>select
>>    case site when 'C' then 'CT' when 'P' then 'PA' when 'T' then 'TX'
>>else null end as 'Site'
>>from
>>    table
>>group by
>>    site
>>

>>works fine and dandy.
>>
>>However, There is a 4th column-  "Overall" which includes all 3 sites.
>>I'm not sure how to add that into my case statement.

> OR's should work. Could you give us an idea of what the site "field"
> looks like when you want it to say "Overall"? Or did I get that backwards?

There are 3 sites listed in the table; char(1)-  C,P, and T for the
above states.  There are no nulls (if there are, thats another issue :p )

I need the following results:

CT | PA | TX | ALL 3 SITES COMBINED/OVERALL

the percent and all that good stuff I can take care of...  i'm just not
sure how to grab each seperately by the site field, and then basically
disregard the site field and take everything