[thelist] how do you manage lots of websites and where do you host?

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Fri Aug 26 12:00:41 CDT 2005

At 11:48 AM 2005-08-26, you wrote:
>So any suggetions?

I've found it economical to run my own hosting service, and dedicate it
exclusively to my clients. I also use a back-end product called Plesk. It's
OK, but I'm sure that there are products that might do as good a job as
this one. Plesk takes care of all of the stuff such as creating new
domains, email addresses, ftp, managing certain services, etc... It has the
additional benefit of allowing your client to self-manage a large number of
things, such as email accounts, etc...

Also, as a best practice, keep a password database of some sort. Lot's of
them around, choose your favourite.

Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the signal high.