[thelist] low-tech cvs solution?

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz
Sun Aug 28 23:03:06 CDT 2005

Hi all,

I work in a small team that manages a medium-sized site (1.6Gb of code and content) and need a better source control solution.

Getting a dedicated cvs server is an option, but we'd need to maintain it ourselves. I'm the techiest on the crew, and that's limited to 3 yrs mysql / php programming with some apache / Linux experience. The others are web-novice to web-savvy but command-line cvs would scare our other coder to death.

Can anyone recommend a simple solution for source control. I've used Tortoise/CVS in the past and have heard good things about subversion. Any input welcome.

Thanks,
Paul