[thelist] low-tech cvs solution?

Johan Martin jnm at catenare.com
Sun Aug 28 23:23:49 CDT 2005

I use subversion for my projects. They have gui clients for windows,
mac and linux (Tortoise is one of them). Plus, you can use it for with
trac from edgwall (http://trac.edgewall.com/) for basic project
management with a wiki and source code viewing.

I use debian for my server so installing it is a snap using apt-get.

On Sunday, Aug 28, 2005, at 21:03 US/Pacific, Paul Bennett wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I work in a small team that manages a medium-sized site (1.6Gb of code
> and content) and need a better source control solution.
>
> Getting a dedicated cvs server is an option, but we'd need to maintain
> it ourselves. I'm the techiest on the crew, and that's limited to 3
> yrs mysql / php programming with some apache / Linux experience. The
> others are web-novice to web-savvy but command-line cvs would scare
> our other coder to death.
>
> Can anyone recommend a simple solution for source control. I've used
> Tortoise/CVS in the past and have heard good things about subversion.
> Any input welcome.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
> --