[thelist] Table layout to CSS: Not as easy as I thought!

Bill Scheider earthwrk at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 30 17:06:04 CDT 2005

Thanks Felix. I'll check out the sources you sent and see if that helps.

I have the same concerns about the font sizes; I have trouble seeing them
myself! The client <em>insists<em> that the page be only one screen (no
scroll bar to get all info). He also doesn't want to decrease the banner
size. I've shown him that given the page dimensions, the page(s) won't view
without scrolling on most browsers (it doesn't on mine, for example, but
does on his mac running Safari at 1024). I argued that most people are
accustomed to scrolling and would rather do that and be able to read the
text. He's totally off-base with this IMHO. He is paying the bills, though.
Does anyone have any other ideas to counter this kind of client argument.

Thanks again for any help.

Bill