[thelist] a div/css formating question...

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 4 15:28:53 CDT 2005

hi...

i'm relatively new to div/css formating, and although i've looked at various
sites via google, i'm still curious as to the best way to approach the
follwoing issue...

i have a site/page structure that i want to look like the following:
         |             Header                       |
         |                        (Nav Menus)       |
         |           |                              |
         |           |                              |
         |           |                              |
         |           |                              |
         |(Left Side)|      Right Side              |
         |           |      (Text Area)             |
         |           |                              |
         |           |                              |
         |  Menu/    |                              |
         |  Login    |                              |
         |           |                              |
         |           |                              |
         |           |                              |
         |           |                              |
         |           |                              |
         |           |                              |
         |            Footer                        |

i can use divs to set up the header, the 'nav_menu area, as well as the left
area/right area. my question comes when i want to create a 'footer' area
that will more or less move depending on the length of the 'left/right'
areas...

can someone provide a rough sample html page with the div sections that
illustrate how to do this???

thanks

-bruce
bedouglas at earthlink.net