[thelist] js widget for ordered selection?

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 05:32:39 CDT 2005

Yes I managed to open it with ff.

Not to divert the discussion but yet another curios question:

A definition I find says that gopher is

"a system that pre-dates the World Wide Web for organizing and
displaying files on Internet servers. A Gopher server presents its
contents as a hierarchically structured list of files. With the
ascendance of the Web, many gopher databases were converted to Web
sites which can be more easily accessed via Web search engines."

So is there a reason to prefer gopher server to an http server? In
order words, does gopher have some advantages over http, or is it just
another protocol?

Cheers,
Volkan.