[thelist] grounding + shorts (installing hardware)

Rick Faaberg rfaaberg at comcast.net
Fri Sep 9 20:34:19 CDT 2005

On 9/9/05 9:33 AM "Anthony Ettinger" <apwebdesign at yahoo.com> sent this out:

> It's just a matter of time before someone tells me I
> have to get extra long battery cables and hook one end
> up to my nipple, and the other end to the microwave,
> while wearing an aluminum mixing bowl on my head -
> otherwise i could damage the motherboard.

Hee hee! :-)

But seriously, I worked as a tech for a lot of years and hardly ever wore
the "strap" and never zapped anything. We did have tile flooring in the
shop; maybe that helped.

I wore "the strap" when anyone was looking, but only touched the power
supply to "discharge" myself of electrostatic voltage usually.

Rick Faaberg