[thelist] What tools should I use?

Steve Lewis nepolon at worlddomination.net
Mon Sep 12 17:16:58 CDT 2005

Ian Anderson wrote:

> I disagree about the extent of the issues. IIS and ASP are a stable,
> predictable platform - the advantage of being the oldest dynamic page
> technology. The only difference you get caught out by in the MS workflow

I just have to point out that this 'oldest technology' bit is an
absolutely meaningless claim, even if it were true.  We can quickly
regress into defining 'is' with such claims but that is an enormous red
herring as age of a language does not equate to stability or
predictability let alone other important qualities such as correctness
or flexibility.

--
SteveL