[thelist] Weird CSS Anomoly

Alan McCoy a.r.mccoy at larc.nasa.gov
Tue Sep 13 09:25:34 CDT 2005

>>>Here's the page: http://coingo.net/clients/modeans/contact.php
>>>
>>>Anybody know what's making it hide in IE?
>>>

>>It will be related to IE's hasLayout which causes anomalies
>>
>>http://www.molly.com/2005/08/30/from-dean-edwards-on-haslayout
>
> -and-microsoft-documentation/
>
> which in turn has spawned numerous css fixes
>
> http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer.html
>
> try giving the container element a height, but supply ie only by using
> the * html hack
>
> * html #contactForm { height:1px;}
>
> ben

Thanks, Ben. I tried that but it seems like the problem might be the
left-floated contact form is getting hidden under the #content div...But
only in IE. If I take out the <hr /> tag that clears the left float, you
can see the contact form peeking out from under the #content div.

> You also need to validate your XML, looks like there is a tag in there with
> no closing tag.
>
> Ron

Thanks, Ron. Fixed it!

Alan