[thelist] RSS feed arguments

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 08:19:36 CDT 2005

My company is laying siege to my desk about designing an HTML
newsletter to be sent out to the very focused group
"partners/prospects/clients/advisors".

Now I don't want to bother with that crud any longer, especially as I
have yet to find a newsletter that does not arrive mangled here
(gmail/squirrelmail/firefox).

What I am looking for is good _business cases or examples_ for RSS
feeds, and how the company could benefit from them.

My ideas:

Nearly no development time - HTML emails need to be developed
Reuse
Pull vs. Push

I can forsee a lot of "but this is nerd/geek stuff and we won't reach
our clients that way" arguments and it would be fab if I had some
fodder against those...

The Times not offering an XML feed is a bad start...

cheers
Chris

--
Chris Heilmann