[thelist] Apachache mod_rewrite

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Wed Sep 14 11:09:52 CDT 2005

My first time trying to use mod_rewrite. Please bear with me. :)

I'm using Apache 2.0.54 on Win 2K Pro, my testing machine. Once I get
this to work I hope to upload it to our live server which is:

Apache Version 1.3.33 (Unix) on a Linux box.

In the global httpd.conf on my machine I have:

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
RewriteEngine On
RewriteLogLevel 9

NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName devmishpacha.local
DocumentRoot "E:\ApacheRoot\devmishpacha.local"
</VirtualHost>

and I defined devmishpacha.local in my hosts file.

The URL:
http://devmishpacha.local/features.php?mag=1

works exactly as expected.

I want:
http://devmishpacha.local/features/1

to be mapped to the above URL. I tried putting this in the .htaccess
file in "E:\ApacheRoot\devmishpacha.local":

RewriteRule /features/([0-9]+) /features.php?mag=$1
RewriteRule ^/features/([0-9]+) /features.php?mag=$1
RewriteRule ^features/([0-9]+) /features.php?mag=$1

I tried all three and all three show the same error in the log:

File does not exist: E:/ApacheRoot/devmishpacha.local/features

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Hershel