[thelist] Linking to a movie - best practice?

Markus Staas markus at staas.biz
Thu Sep 15 10:51:07 CDT 2005

If it is not absolutely necessary I would just link to it using text links,
thus enabling the user to decide to either download it to the desktop (by
using the "save link as..." feature) or just click on it to view it while it
is streaming.

It is common practice to offer the Windows Media Format and Quicktime for
the user to choose what to view.

Cheers,

Markus