[thelist] Linking to a movie - best practice?

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Fri Sep 16 03:15:45 CDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 00:48 -0700, Jeff Howden wrote:
> 99.9999999%

What is your source for this statistic? This has to be made up.

> Sometimes restricting what you offer to just the common formats makes
> for a better experience for joe average user which probably represents
> just about all your users.

MPEG-1 plays everywhere. I have yet to hear of a multimedia-capable
system that couldn't handle it.

Ogg Theora has a codec available for Windows (and *might* play in the
new Winamp out of the box by now, as I know at one point AOL added
support for Ogg Vorbis to the default installer). People downloaded
Flash to watch Flash movies once upon a time, didn't they?

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>