[thelist] Linking to a movie - best practice?

Robert Gormley robert at pennyonthesidewalk.com
Fri Sep 16 20:04:07 CDT 2005

That's a pretty biased perspective. You don't like it. Fine, but that
doesn't mean that's what it does.

Take SVG. I could, by your rationale say, "SVG is a 'new' graphics
format, that offers this and that." "I disagree. Pretty much it lets
nice web designers build dinky little demos that look like someone build
a cheesy little gif in MS Paint, but it gets anti aliased too."

There are plenty of things Flash does and does well. Interactive and
dynamic graphics, scoring, weather systems. Justifying your distaste for
it by redefining it as "pretty much" a delivery system for things you
dislike is disingenuous.

Robert

(who used the dis- prefix a few too many times in that last sentence.)