[thelist] CSS Book

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Fri Sep 16 23:07:58 CDT 2005

Message from Anthony Ettinger (9/16/2005 02:37 PM)

>I would never waste my money on a reference book. You
>can find that stuff online in a heart beat.

To each his own I guess. Some of us like having a hard copy reference
manual in case we want to, for example, look up something while "away from
the computer" - interpret that as euphemistically as you like.

I know personally, it is faster for me to pick up my alphabetised css
reference and find the property I'm researching than to load w3's css spec,
hit the index page, and find the term I want. And yes I do have the spec
downloaded and stored locally.

>Find a book that will provide examples, best and worst
>practices, etc.

Likewise, with the always changing landscape of web dev, css in particular
with all those annoying browser quirks, oddities and just plain
inadequacies, these sorts of things are often best researched online, as
they're probably outdated before the book hits the shelves.

regards.
-marc