[thelist] Site check please rocky-hills.com

T. R. Valentine trvalentine at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 14:28:38 CDT 2005

On 17/09/05, Felix Miata <mrmazda at ij.net> wrote:
> Ken Schaefer wrote:
>
> > : bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Felix Miata
>
> > : BTW, the CRT I use at 1792x1344 and 2048x1536 was one of 3 identical
> > : garden variety 19" Dells
>
> > Those resolutions are not mainstream for 19" CRT monitors.
>
> What does that mean? Are we to permit only mainstream users to use our
> pages, discriminating against all those not mainstream?

I would concur that 1792x1344 and 2048x1536 are NOT mainstream
resolutions for 19" CRTs. I'd go further and say that regardless of
the monitor type and size, those are not mainstream (i.e. common)
resolutions. I'd be surprised if those resolutions are present on more
than one-tenth of one percent of all users.

I run 1600x1200 on a 21" CRT -- and almost everyone who looks at my
display comments about how tiny everything looks. I don't even
consider 1600x1200 to be mainstream.

--
T. R. Valentine
Use a decent browser: Safari, Firefox, Mozilla, Opera