[thelist] Wireless Mac questions

Sam Carter sam at iness.com
Mon Sep 19 10:37:44 CDT 2005

No warranty on the validity of any of my thoughts (ever, on any subject
for that matter ;-), but I understand sharing WiFi bandwidth is fine and
legal to use a neighbor's bandwidth as long as it is with consent and
does not involve an exchange of money for the services.  Examples of
this include free WiFi hot-spots such as airports and public librarys.

To extend the signal range, you could purchase a WiFi "bridge" if it can
be positioned between the base station and the MAC to benefit the signal
level.

Definitely ask the neighbor for permission.  Then let us know how things
worked out.